Your Federal Retirement Benefits Are Just One Piece of Your Financial Puzzle
The Federal Retirement system is one of the most complex benefits programs around. There are so many exceptions, special provisions, and exclusions that it can be difficult to keep track of your benefits.
My name is Micah Shilanski. I specialize in helping Federal Employees get the most out of their Federal benefits.
I teach classes on CSRS and FERS retirement benefits - but more importantly, as a financial planner for federal employees, I've helped individual federal employees through the entire retirement process.
I've seen the mistakes that happen, and I want to help you avoid them.
Plan-Your-Federal-Retirement.com is different: we approach your federal benefits from a financial planning perspective.
You can find lots of information online about CSRS or FERS retirement. But our goal here is to help you understand how your benefits work *and*how they fit into the rest of your financial picture.
Because it's important to know your federal benefits - but your CSRS or FERS retirement benefits are just one piece of your financial puzzle. The rest of the story involves how your benefit choices will impact the rest of your financial picture.
If you want to be sure you’re not missing important aspects of your retirement planning - you’ll want to be on the list to receive our ezinenewsletter.
Each month, we also publish an original article on important retirement topics for federal employees.
Register for our ezine and you'll also get access to my FREE Special Report
- “Don’t Miss This...” The 5 Most Important Back Issues from Federal Retirement Planning
I am providing this Special Report totally free to our ezine subscribers.
Just complete the form below, and click on the “Subscribe” button. You will then receive a confirmation email asking you to confirm your request.
“Are you getting the most out of your benefits?”
✔ How to Maximize Your FERS Benefits
✔ Understand Your Retirement Income
✔ Custom FERS Retirement Calculators
✔ Learn One Step at a Time
✔ Instant Access – Available 24/7
FERS-Route-to-Retirement is the
most comprehensive Pre-Retirement
& Financial Planning class for Federal
Employees available online
- or your money back
Are you ready to start
planning your FERS Retirement?
>>>Get Started with FERS Route to Retirement<<<
- What's New at Plan-Your-Federal-Retirement.com?
- The Federal Retirement Blog keeps you up-to-date on the most recent information available at Plan-Your-Federal-Retirement.com. Subscribe here.
- FERS Retirement Step-by-Step with FERS Route to Retirement
- Planning your FERS Retirement? Want to make sure you're not missing anything? Find out more about FERS Route to Retirement.
- Understanding Your FERS Retirement Benefits
- Learn about your FERS retirement benefits and how to calculate your pension under the Federal Employee Retirement System.
- FERS Retirement Eligibility Rules
- When can you retire under FERS? Learn about different rules for FERS Retirement Eligibility.
- FERS Retirement Pension Calculation
- Learn how to calculate your FERS Retirement Pension. We’ll discuss how your High-3 Salary and Years of Creditable service figure into your FERS pension calculation.
- 7 Common FERS Retirement Problems
- Here are 7 FERS Retirement problems federal employees face when planning their retirement. We’ve created a do-it-yourself program to help FERS avoid these problems and plan their retirement.
- The SF 50 and Your Federal Retirement
- The SF 50 is the official form the government uses to compute your federal retirement. Learn the importance of reviewing your SF50 forms and what to look for.
- Financial Planning for Retirement: What Federal Employees Need to Know
- Financial planning for retirement is different for Federal Employees. Find out why Federal Employees have unique financial planning needs that most generic planning misses.
- Investing for Retirement? Learn the Buckets of Money Concept
- Before you make specific choices when investing for retirement - you should understand the Buckets of Money concept and what it means to your federal retirement plans.
- Federal Retirement Pension Reductions
- Before you plan your Federal Retirement, be sure to keep these 7 pension reductions in mind.
- Taxation of Federal Retirement Benefits
- Do you know how your FERS or CSRS pension will be taxed? Learn more about the taxation of Federal Retirement Benefits.
- COLA Locality Pay & Non-Foreign Area Retirement Equity Assurance Act
- COLA Locality Pay rates for Alaska, Hawaii & US Territories. See examples of how this transition affects you and your federal retirement plans.
- CSRS Voluntary Contributions - The Best Kept Secret in CSRS
- Learn how you can use the CSRS Voluntary Contributions program to put away money for retirement. You can also transfer CSRS VCP to an IRA or Roth IRA, find out how.
- Looking for Something?
- Search Plan Your Federal Retirement website for answers to your federal retirement questions
- FERS Retirement Seminars - Federal Retirement Planning
- Want to learn about your Federal Retirement benefits? Sign up for our FERS Retirement Seminars.
- CSRS Retirement Class - Federal Retirement Planning
- Want to learn about your Federal Retirement benefits? Sign up for our CSRS Retirement Class.
- Financial Planner for Federal Employees - Micah Shilanski, CFP®
- Meet Micah Shilanski, CFP®, a Financial Planner for Federal Employees. Micah is an independent CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ who specializes in helping Federal Employees.
- Federal Retirement Financial Planner: Micah Shilanski, CFP®
- Looking for a financial planner who understands your Federal Retirement benefits? Micah Shilanski, CFP®, is an independent financial planner for Federal Employees.
- Have a CSRS or FERS Retirement Question?
- Having a hard time finding the answer to your CSRS or FERS Retirement Question? Suggest a topic for us to cover on our website here.
- Log In to FERS Route to Retirement
- Log In to FERS Route to Retirement
Shilanski is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
professional who specializes in helping federal employees
get the most out of their retirement benefits. Micah is a fee-based
financial planner and works with
a select group of clients. Micah works
with each client to tailor a plan that is customized to their dreams, goals,
and financial situation. Each client is unique, and so is their
Plan Your Federal Retirement is not employed by the federal government and does not represent the federal government.
Plan Your Federal Retirement is a dba of Shilanski & Associates, Inc.
Shilanski & Associates, Inc. is an independent financial planning
firm headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska, that has been in business for nearly
Shilanski & Associates, Inc., is an Alaska Registered Investment Advisor,
with securities offered through Summit Brokerage Services, Inc., Member
FINRA/SIPC. Shilanski & Associates, Inc. is not affiliated with
Summit Brokerage Services, Inc.
All information herein is solely for informational purposes. This is not
an offer to buy or sell securities. The presence of this web site on the
Internet shall in no direct or indirect fashion raise any inference or
implication that Shilanski and Associates, Inc., an Alaska Registered
Investment Adviser, is selling, offering to sell or soliciting to provide
investment advisory services to residents of any state other than the state of
Copyright 2009-2014 Plan-Your-Federal-Retirement.com All Rights Reserved.